Wednesday, March 08, 2006

March 8, 2006
The vice president of Liberia came onboard today. The ship was abuzz with security patrol everywhere. Unfortunately the air conditioning system broke 2 hours before, and it was about 90 degrees on the ship.
I got to watch a hand reconstuction yesterday and started therapy on 2 new patients today who have had muscle flaps to correct soft tissue defects. It is really fascinating what these surgeons are able to do! I will try to get some before and after shots from the plastic surgeons soon and include them here.
Tomorrow I am going to the US Embassy with the Nurse Pracitioner here- I've been asked to treat a couple of people as a favor and we are having lunch there. Although I like being on the ship, the thought of getting off for a few hours is very appealing!

1 comment:

Luis said...

Juanita, I love. Try to catch up faster, though :)
Faltan fotos del barco y de Liberia. Besos.

Luis.