BABY GERALDO
This is little Geraldo... one of EVERYONE'S favorites because he was so stinkin' cuddly and loving. He had the above encephalocele removed a few months ago and has had a few complications from it. A frontal encephalocele is a disorder in which the bones of the skull don't close completely, creating a gap through which cerebral spinal fluid, brain tissue and the membrane that covers the brain can protrude into a small sac.
Me and baby G hanging out a few weeks after surgery.....
Here are a few pre and post-op pictures of our orthopedic patients.... I have about 100 more if you'd like to see them!


Abdul, 6 years old prior to surgery to correct his bowed legs


Abdul about 12 weeks after surgery




12 weeks following surgery- sorry, somehow I can't find the picture of her face- its really cute!

Rodogho, 6 years old, before surgery to repair his club foot




Abdul about 12 weeks after surgery


Bernice, 5 years old, after surgery to repair bowed legs


12 weeks following surgery- sorry, somehow I can't find the picture of her face- its really cute!

Rodogho, 6 years old, before surgery to repair his club foot


After surgery....
Friends
Two awesome friends... Laura and Jane at my birthday party
My roomie, Sarah- I had so many great late-night laughs with this girl.....
Sarah from Austria and Rachel from the US- two more great girls!
THE GRAND FINALE
This is a video we made for a presentation about the Orthopedics program we gave right before I left. This was what we ended with.... showing everyone pics of the cute babies we made cry all the time... most of them are crying because we wanted to take their pictures while they were standing up and this was either uncomfortable for them or they just didn't want to out of their mother's lap for the picture. None of them liked to do rehab.... hence, the background music choice..... Click the arrow below the picture....
This is the end of my blog, as I have now said good-bye to the Africa Mercy and Benin for now.... I will never forget the memories, the people of Benin, the friends I have made, and the wonderful things God has done with my life during my stay in this fantastic country! Thanks for reading! Jana
3 comments:
I'm going to miss your posts and your smiling face. It's true we've never met, but when I see your name on FB the first visual that comes to mind is you (& maybe Olivia?) with planks strapped to your feet in some kind of crazy race.
Bless you for all that you've given and thank you for being part of Ry's AFM family.
I like what you said about letting God take control of your life. We need to do this and real awesome things will happen. I love what you do and I am extremely happy to have a friend like you that does this. God bloess you. Welcome back......who knows for how long, right? :-D
And, Jana, thanks for writing. I'm going to miss this blog.
Post a Comment