Saturday, June 03, 2006

I know... I know.... its been a long time since I´ve written. I left the ship on May 18th and now am traveling in Europe. My plan was to spend 6 weeks traveling, but homesickness has gotten the best of me and I will be going home hopefully on the 18th if not before. The memories of life onboard the Anastasis are priceless. I really hope that someday I will be able to return aboard the Africa Mercy and will consider that in the year to come. I know that in my blog, I didn´t discuss the opportunities aboard a ship like this often, but want everyone to know... this isn´t just a medical ship. Many people with many different types of experiences and backgrounds are needed to work in the community, in the schools, onboard in various roles, such as engineering,carpentry, teaching,etc. I guess I just regret that I have not shown all that the ship has to offer in the way of volunteer work. If you are interested in doing volunteer work or if I can be a reference for you, I would love it! If you would like to see more pictures about other projects, please don´t hesistate to write to me at my email address at nomad222@yahoo.com or contact me by phone when I return. I may add some more pictures throughout Europe when I am able. Thanks for reading! Jana

No comments: