Saturday, May 06, 2006


All Saint's Old Folks Home

On the way home from the airport on Thursday, I noticed that the house where the older people are living was now painted. They later told me that the owner has decided to re-claim the house and is moving back in. Hopefully, he won't be ready to move back in and roof his house until we have the old folk's home completed. We drove by the worksite also and I was so happy to see that they have started making the cement bricks. There were about 10 men working and they had more than 500 bricks made. Its not as easy here to get things like this done, as they have to first

bring the water they use to make the bricks from the well across the road and then haul it back to the worksite. We also just found out that Mercy Ships has enough funds left in its Well Fund to pay for the digging of a well for this project! That is wonderful, because we can now use the funds we were going to use to dig the well for other things, like furniture, food, and possibly a latrine or toilet. The project is moving right along thanks to many prayers and the financial support of our friends and family. I am so amazed at the generosity of my friends, my mom's Sunday school class, and my family- they have helped me to raise close to $3000!! I will end this post by my using the verse my mom continually reminds me of when I tell her how excited I am about this project- God is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine according to His power that is at work within us. Ephesians 3:20
Thanks for reading!

No comments: