Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Ship Life


I have been teaching a Pilates class for about 6 weeks now 3 times a week. I teach once a week on the bow of the ship at sunset and twice in the international lounge, which is where we have community meetings and devotions. I have had an interest in teaching Pilates or some type of exercise class for a few years and my fellow crew members have been great guinea pigs, giving me freedom to try new things, while giving me plenty of feedback. I plan to pursue it further when I get home and maybe even look into doing some personal training following injury or illness.


I'll admit, before coming to the ship, I wondered how people managed things as simple as getting a hair cut. I was surprised to see a hair salon onboard, but sad to know there was no hair dresser. My roomate, Sutton, and I got pretty fed up with our hair last week and decided we would give each other highlights. It was quite an experience, being that neither of us had any idea what we were doing. We just tried to mimic what we'd seen our own hairdressers do in the past and laughed our way through it. We both turned out fine, but not quite as we'd hoped! Of course, THE DAY AFTER we did this, we were looking at the arrivals list and saw that a hairdresser was due in 2 days and was staying 6 months! Live and learn...


MERCY CLIPS HAIR SALON

No comments: