Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter to all and Shalom to Kristi and Mauri! This morning started at 6am with a Sunrise service at the bow of the ship. It was a really beautiful sunrise and one of those mornings that gave me chills to realize how lucky I am to be where I am this Easter. We had Easter service and communion a little later and a really great brunch at 10. We each got a dyed Easter Egg and a chocolate egg, which is a really special treat here where chocolate is limited. Some of the parents had Easter baskets for their children that had been sent from friends from the states or elsewhere. There have been many religious events onboard over the last 4 days and most people have been off from work for Easter break. The ship is kind of quiet, as many people chose to take trips to small villages around here and a large group went to the leper colony for the weekend. There is a small pool here that we can sun next to and usually cool off in, but this weekend, maggots appeared in the water and the pool had to be closed. The pool tends to have lots of problems and I think I'm officially done after this one.



This is a picture of me and my roomate Pamela at brunch this morning. Hopefully, I can put up more pictures later. Have a great Easter!

No comments: