Monday, March 27, 2006


The weekend was great here though it flew by- just like at home! I spent Saturday at a city about an hour from here visiting an old folks home. That day and story deserves more time than I can put into it right now with a limited amount of sleep! I went scuba diving yesterday with a friend onboard to a small tugboat near the port here. I realized how spoiled I have been getting to dive in many places all over the world through beautiful coral and having more than 30 feet visibility on a bad day. We had about 3-5 feet visability and not much to look at but a bunch of algae and a few fish. But... its the experience of doing it, not always what amazing things you see once you get there. We did get to dive under the ship from starboard to the port side at the aft of the ship, which was cold and really slimy. Are you impressed with the fact I now ship lingo?



We also went to a local beach, called CeCe Beach last night for one of my Norwegian friend's birthdays. The beach is about a 20 minute drive and is actually a very nice, quite place. The only people who really go to the beach are mainly UN people and those working for NGO's here in Monrovia. The Liberians don't seem to be real fans of the sun or the water. It is getting ready to be rainy season here and I've heard that alot of the patients don't keep their appointments because they hate rain. Unfortunately, I've heard the rain doesn't cool things down at all. Its still in the 90's during the day- that probably sounds great to those of you who are reading this while it snows where you are...
Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Luis said...

Hey Jana, aunque no deje comentarios cada vez que leo tu blog, no quiere decir que no lo lea. Sanamente envidio lo que hacés. Algún día me gustaría devolverle al mundo lo que el mundo me ha dado. Un beso enorme. Cuidate mucho.

Luis.